Mission: Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges, and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
Vision: All people thrive in nurturing and inclusive communities.
Values: The values of our expert caregivers remain constant: compassion, commitment, collaboration, and advocacy
SERVING THE COMMUNITY FOR OVER 110 YEARS
Kerr provides services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), mental health challenges, and other social barriers by:
- Serving over 53% of the youth in IDD group homes in Oregon.
- Leading the creation of employment and community living opportunities for adults with IDD.
- Operating the only standalone subacute children’s crisis psychiatric facility in Oregon.
- Providing leadership in statewide policy discussions related to disability and mental health care.
- Leading industry discussion, training, and innovation of best practices in programs for children with dual diagnosis.
- Practicing evidence-based and trauma-informed care.
CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH
When a child struggles with life’s challenges, Kerr is here. Nearly 700 children, teens and their families received vital mental health services from Kerr last year.
I/DD RESIDENTIAL AND ENRICHMENT SERVICES
To more than 500 children and adults experiencing I/DD each year, Kerr is life: home, community, fulfillment, and joy.
COVID response: Kerr's employment services goes virtual